All conference events will be held on Bryn Mawr College’s campus. We have not contracted with a particular hotel to reserve space for conference attendees; information about lodging options, depending on where attendees choose to stay, is below:
The college is located on the “Main Line,” as the locals say — meaning in Philadelphia’s western suburbs, which developed along the Pennsylvania Railroad’s “Main Line” in the 19th century. Although still connected to “Center City” (Philly slang for downtown) by commuter rail, getting around in the Main Line neighborhoods is generally more convenient if you have a car.
If you are not driving to the conference, consider staying in “Center City” and taking advantage of Philadelphia’s many sights and sounds. Philly’s “Center City” is walkable; safe; full of hotels, restaurants, and attractions. It is short commuter rail ride from the Bryn Mawr College (see Getting Here) and the Philadelphia International Airport, eliminating the need for a rental car. For more information on Center City (including a map of major attractions), go to visitphilly.com.
In Center City (Downtown)
Hotel listings are available through visitphilly.com and major travel booking sites; for greatest convenience to SEPTA, look for a hotel near one of the downtown stations.
Near Jefferson Station (at 11th and Market Streets):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, 237 S. Broad Street, 215-893-1600
- Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, 1100 Arch Street, 215-923-0100
- Holiday Inn Express Midtown Philadelphia, 1305 Walnut Street, 215-735-9300
Near Suburban Station (16th St and JFK Blvd):
- Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, 1 Logan Square, 215-963-1500
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, 117 South 17th Street (at Sansom), 215-563-5006
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, 201 N. 17th Street, 215-448-2000
- Sofitel Philadelphia, 120 South 17th Street, 215-569-8300
On the Main Line
Although physically closer to Bryn Mawr College, Main Line hotels tend to be less convenient to transit and therefore best for those with cars.
- Best Western and the Inn at King of Prussia, 127 South Gulph Road, King of Prussia 610-265-4500
- Comfort Inn Valley Forge, 550 West Dekalb Pike, King of Prussia 610-962-0700
- DoubleTree by Hilton Valley Forge, 301 West Dekalb Pike, King of Prussia 610-337-1200
- Embassy Suites Valley Forge, 888 Chesterbrook Boulevard, Chesterbrook 610-647-6700
- Hampton Inn, 530 West Dekalb Pike, King of Prussia 610-962-8111
- Hyatt Place King of Prussia, 440 American Avenue, King of Prussia 484-690-3000
- The Radnor Hotel, 591 East Lancaster Avenue, Wayne 1-800-537-3000 (Toll Free); 610-688-5800 (Front Desk)
- Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, 480 North Gulph Road, King of Prussia 484-238-1800
- Sonesta ES Suites – Malvern, 20 Morehall Road, Malvern 610-296-4343
- Wayne Hotel, 139 East Lancaster Avenue, Wayne 610-687-5000